Filter by epic

Colin Breame March 14, 2013

In the issues view, I would like to filter based on epic.

Specifically:

- how can I view all issues assigned to an epic?

- how can I view all issues NOT assigned to ANY epic?

When I add the "Epic Link" to the filter, the drop down does not contain any items. How can I get this to work?

4 answers

13 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

ok my first answer was wrong so now we gonna proceed with this one...

"Epic Link" = POR-16

this example will show you all issues linked to the Epic "POR-16"

you will need to check the correct issue-key to modify the jql to match your needs.

Open your Rapidboard in Plan Mode and see the lefthand EPIC slider to check which Issue is the Epic. take the key from that and put it in the above jql

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

currently i am trying to find out this one

- how can I view all issues NOT assigned to ANY epic?

stay tuned

here we go:

project = <your_project_name> AND "Epic Link" is EMPTY

Like Ace likes this
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2013
You could also try "Epic Link" is not EMPTY
corsc April 20, 2016

For me the "basic" query builder refused to work but writing the JQL by hand worked like charm.

Jeff Berndt May 6, 2019

So I recently tried to create a filter, "epic link" = CS-27

This filter showed me no issues.

This is in spite of that fact that the Epic CS-27 totally exists in my project (I created it) and it has a bunch of child issues (I created those, too). What am I doing incorrectly?

Like # people like this
1 vote
Mel Dett August 3, 2018

This is all great information but I'm trying to list the labels within an Epic Link.  I have a filter for all Epics and Stories which result in a list of Epic Links.  I now what to go into each Epic Link to list the labels within the Epic Link. 

Any thoughts.  I'm open to anything.

Barry Pickering November 6, 2018

How about this query:  "Epic Link" = ABC-12345 ORDER BY labels ASC, created DESC

This should list all issues within the specific epic and order by labels.

Like 김수현 likes this
0 votes
Midhun Jose December 16, 2016

Create a filter for your Epic by saving the query (e.g Labels = "abc") for Epic

Give a name for the filter (e.g - "My epic")

Then to search for all the issues in the filter, use the following query:

issuefunction in issuesInEpics("Filter = 'My epic'")

Remember the ' and " in the query

Mireille Pfeffer March 23, 2018

issuefunction in issuesInEpics("Filter = 'My epic'") worked for listing all the issues within an epic, but how can I see only specific bugs (open, unassigned...)

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2013

what about using Epic Theme ?

Suggest an answer