Filter applied in dashboard gadgets modifies itself automatically.

meta-manish September 3, 2014

I am using 'Issue Statistics' gadget where I applied filter to see fixed issues as follows:

"resolution in (Fixed, "Won't Fix", Duplicate, Incomplete, "Cannot Reproduce") AND status in (Fixed, Close) AND assignee in (membersOf("Offshore Team"))"

Now when I open the applied filter from gadgets it shows me filter as follows:

"resolution in (Fixed, "Won't Fix", Duplicate, Incomplete, "Cannot Reproduce") AND status in (Fixed, Close) AND assignee in (membersOf("Offshore Team")) AND resolution = Unresolved"

The 'AND resolution = Unresolved"' appends automatically in the applied filter and I m getting incorrect results

Any Suggestions?? or is this Bug ??

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2014

I suspect you've left the tick box for "include resolved issues" blank when configuring the gadget - that will automatically append that clause to whatever filter you select. Edit the gadget and tick the box, you should find when you click the applied filter, it will be the same as the one you selected.

(Oh, I forgot, it's not modifying your saved filter, it's taking you to what the filter in the gadget ends up as because of that flag - i.e. your saved filter + resolution clause)

meta-manish September 3, 2014

Hey Nic,

It worked.

Suggest an answer