Filter all issues that have been updated last month

Maurycy Widera August 17, 2014

Hi,

I would like to list all JIRA issues which have been updated within last month

I've tried to use updated field but it is related to Last Updated time. I'm looking for a query which would return me the list of all issues that have been updated in a specific time period.

Consider the following scenario:

1. An issue has been updated on 15/07 - last updated = 15/07
  2. The same issue is updated on 10/08 - last updated = 10/08

What JQL would I use to return all issues updated in June?

Thanks,
Maurycy

7 answers

1 vote
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2014

Maurycy,

If you're looking for a specific type of update (if the status changed, for example) you can use the 'CHANGED' operator. You can query using: status CHANGED AFTER "2014-06-01" BEFORE "2014-07-01", for example. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-CHANGED

I hope this helps!

Maurycy Widera August 18, 2014

Matheus,

That would work if CHANGED operator is not restricted to Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution and Status fields only.

I would need to check if COMMENT has been changed (updated) or if a work log has been updated (a user has logged time spent against an issue)

Thanks,
Maurycy

Chris Stamp June 16, 2015

I need this as well has there been any progress on this?

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2014

Please, create the feature in my tracker. Will do in queue

0 votes
Maurycy Widera August 24, 2014

Andrey,

Is it possible to specify list of users?

Thanks,
Maurycy

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2014

Maurycy,

Only by loggedIn user or spacified user.

-- Andrey

0 votes
Maurycy Widera August 19, 2014

Andrey,

Sounds great - that's almost what I'm looking for.

Just to confirm - your plugin returns list of all isuses that have been commented by currently logged on user. I'm looking for a function which returns issues that have been commented by any user for a specified date range e.g. between -60D and -30D rather than commented in last 2 days

Could your plugin be extended or configured to cover such requirement?

Thanks,
Maurycy.

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2014

Hi, this my plugin

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.andreymarkelov.atlas.plugins.utils

has functions:

• My commented issues JQL Function. This is JQL function "commentedIssues(?)" which returns list of issues that commented of current logged user beginning from ? (in duratioon format 2h, 2d).

• User commented issues JQL Function. This is JQL function "userCommentedIssues(?1, ?2)" which returns list of issues that commented of user ?1 beginning from ?2 (in duratioon format 2h, 2d).

Examples:

issue in commentedIssues("2d")

issue in userCommentedIssues("admin", "2d")

Suggest an answer