Filter Subscriptions: Can I set it to only email me when there is a new item in the filter?

Daniel Pasacrita August 3, 2014

I was pretty excited when I found the filter subscription feature, but then I ended up pretty disappointed when the settings seemed really limited. Basically what I want to do is to create a subscription for a filter, but only have it email me when I new item is added to that filter. Is there any way to do this?

So, an example: I have a filter that has any item that is within 12 hours of its due date. Is there anyway to have it email me when a new item is added to that list? Or should I just have it email me every day at like 1:00 PM since there really is no way to do it exactly like that?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2014

In your case a daily subscription would be best I guess. In other cases you would need to define a filter that shows only new list items. E.g. a filter subscription sending every 15 min. a mail, you need to add something like

"... and status changed to ABC after -15m"

Suggest an answer