Filter Results Gadget 6.1

Monika October 27, 2014

Hi,

I have added "Filter Results Gadget" to my dashboard and have selected my saved filter. 

In the saved filter,my query should have ordey by with 6 columns (escalated, status, priority, CED status, SF close date, created.). This works fine in the issue nanvigator BUT in the filter results gadget the order by function has some issues for the saved filter. Is this known bug? Do we have any alternative??

I even tried testing to have columns restricting to 3 for the order by function and it then works fine  but when exceeding to more than 3 columns, discrepency is noticed.

Can someone pls assist or share thoughts on the same?? 

Thanks,
Monika 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Monika October 27, 2014

Hi @Penny Wyatt, Thank you very much for the response! My issue here isn't about the columns to be displayed in the filter result dashboard, but, it is about the ORDEY BY function on the saved query. My saved query has the below order by function "ORDER BY Escalated ASC, summary ASC, status, priority, "CED Status", "SalesForce Open Date", created" ... in this query, the SEQUENCE of results displayed in the filter gadget and issue navigator looks good only till 3 cordey by conditions... after which it fails. Attaching screen capture below for more clear information please

sequence of results.png

Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2014

Hi Monika, Thanks for the clarification, I now understand what you're asking and have reproduced the problem myself. I've now found that this is a known issue when there are more than 3 "order by" criteria in the filter - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-21443 . Please vote on that issue and watch it for updates; and if this is impacting your work please raise a support ticket so that the Support team can help you find a workaround for your needs. Best wishes, Penny

Monika October 27, 2014

Thank you very much Penny!!

0 votes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2014

The Filter Results gadget shows the columns in the order that they've been configured in the gadget configuration.

e.g. Type, Key, Priority, Assignee, Created in the configuration view:

FilterResults1.1.png

Becomes Type, Key, Priority, Assignee, Created in the gadget view:

FilterResults2.1.png

The default sort order of the issues is the sort order that's saved in the filter, but you can sort by any other column inside the gadget by clicking the column headers.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2014

You can use the Column Order to replace the Filter Results  

try 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/at.celix.jira.plugins.column-order

Atlassian Team
October 27, 2014

The JIRA filter results gadget has provided column ordering functionality since JIRA 5.2.

Suggest an answer