Filter Parent issues by label and all sub-tasks of parent

Rich Denis November 11, 2012

Hello,

I am trying to create a filter that allows me to get a list of all parent issues by their label AND all sub-tasks for those parents that have a particular label. I cannot seem to figure out a way to make this query. Below is the easy part (parent by a particular label). Any help is appreciated.

labels= myTeamLabel and project in ("Project 1", "Project 2") ORDER BY Rank ASC

2 answers

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2012

You can possibly achieve this with the Craftforge JQL Functions Plugin (free) as well:

(labels = "myTeamLabel" and project in ("Project 1", "Project 2")) OR (issue in subtaskIssuesFromQuery("labels= \"My_Label\" and project in (\"Project 1\", \"Project 2\")")) ORDER BY Rank ASC

Cheers!

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2012

JQL Tricks Plugin (paid) has a method to support this.

(labels= myTeamLabel and project in ("Project 1", "Project 2")) OR (issue in parent("labels= myTeamLabel and project in (\"Project 1\", \"Project 2\")")) ORDER BY Rank ASC

Suggest an answer