Filling multiple fields automatically with a button

Viktor June 29, 2019

Hello.

We create hundreds of issues each day, and many of them are identical. For instance, setting up og repairing the mail client for a customer.

For each of these type of issues we get very often I would like to be able to click a single button and populate the Description, Summary, Categorization, Components, Resolution and Close the issue - instead of having to fill all the fields manually each time.

This is called a "One-Step" in Cherwell - our current ITSM.

What is the best solution to this problem in Jira Service Desk? Any ideas?

Thank you for your time.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ilya Turov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2019

If I understand you correctly, you need to populate those fields while closing the issue, so why not to add some postfunctions to that transition? 

Another option would be bulk updating those issues, either manually or automatically.

I guess, the main questiong here is, what's the point of creating hundreds of identical issues?

Viktor July 9, 2019

Thanks for the reply.

Post-functions and bulk edit is not what I'm looking for.

Regarding your question regarding identical issues, unfortunately, that is how IT service works.

Viktor October 4, 2019

Turns out you were spot on.

Using Jira Misc Workflow Extensions I was able to use a post-function to solve this.

Create a custom field and include it on a screen during the transition. Copy fields from a template issue where the Summary matches the Custom Field contents.

A lot of work to set up, but it works and saves time eventually.

Thanks.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/292/jira-misc-workflow-extensions-jmwe?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Suggest an answer