Files to reserve JIRA

Soupy Twist August 20, 2013

Hello. I want to reserve JIRA. So I read this article https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ATLAS/Failover+for+JIRA and I have a question: what files exactly am I supposed to copy? Where the following information is stored?

JIRA installation directory: Single sign on configuration, Plugins

JIRA HOME directory: Lucene search index

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2013

You need all the files that are in the directories mentioned.

You should have installed Jira (the application) somewhere - that's the "Jira installation" directory (for example, /usr/share/jira or /opt/jira). The Jira Home directory is where Jira stores a lot of data, and you'll have told it where to keep that at some point (like /home/jira/data or /data/jira)

You can find both of these on the "system information" page in your system.

Thank you for answer! But what if i have another architecture on my second host? For example, on first host i have "Program Files" and on second i have "Program Files (x86)". All paths will be different. Or it doesn't matter and if I just copy all the files from one host (C:\Program Files) to another host (C:\Program Files (x86)) it will be OK?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2013

That should be fine - Jira really does work in it's own directories, so if you move them, it doesn't really care. You should be able to copy from "program files" to "program files(x86)" without any worries, as long as you preserve the same structure of directories beneath that.

The data directory (jira home) is different - you will need to change config to tell Jira where you've moved it to if it has a new name. Same rule about sub-directories applies as well - must be the same structure under the root.

So the following will work?

1. Copy Jira_install directory

2. Copy Jira_home directory

3. Setting Jira_home through config.bat

4. Profit

It's really great! Thank you wery much!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 20, 2013

I'm not 100% sure on step 3 for Windows - have a look through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Setting+your+JIRA+Home+Directory to confirm it.

Suggest an answer