FileNotFoundException: JiraActionSupport.class cannot be opened because it does not exist

Suppie August 8, 2017

Hello,

After upgrading a plugin from JIRA 6.2.8 to JIRA 7.2.7 I encountered a very strange error:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: 
Failed to parse configuration class [...]; nested exception is
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
class path resource
[com/atlassian/jira/action/JiraActionSupport.class]
cannot be opened because it does not exist

Did someone got such error before and if yes - how did you fix it?

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user May 8, 2018

I had the same error as you in another plugin that provided some custom fields. The error was gone as soon as I removed the annotations from Atlassian spring scanner from every class that provided a custom field. In fact,

ProjectImportableCustomField.class

is an interface implemented by the classes used for making custom fields. Maybe this helps you as well. The thing that really baffles me and freaks me out is that we have to remove those annotations from the custom field classes. The annotations from Atlassian spring scanner are supposed to be necessary. Why do we have to remove them?

Since your case seems to be related to other sort of classes, maybe web actions or controllers, perhaps you have to remove the annotations from those classes.

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2017

I think you are better off contacting the vendor of that particular add-on.

-Lars

Suppie August 8, 2017

Unfortunately, I am the developer.

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2017

Ah!

Perhaps a better place to ask is:

https://community.developer.atlassian.com

-Lars

Suppie August 8, 2017

Oh. Thanks...

Suggest an answer