FileNotFoundException: JiraActionSupport.class cannot be opened because it does not exist

Hello,

After upgrading a plugin from JIRA 6.2.8 to JIRA 7.2.7 I encountered a very strange error:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: 
Failed to parse configuration class [...]; nested exception is
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
class path resource
[com/atlassian/jira/action/JiraActionSupport.class]
cannot be opened because it does not exist

Did someone got such error before and if yes - how did you fix it?

2 answers

I think you are better off contacting the vendor of that particular add-on.

-Lars

Unfortunately, I am the developer.

I had the same error as you in another plugin that provided some custom fields. The error was gone as soon as I removed the annotations from Atlassian spring scanner from every class that provided a custom field. In fact,

ProjectImportableCustomField.class

is an interface implemented by the classes used for making custom fields. Maybe this helps you as well. The thing that really baffles me and freaks me out is that we have to remove those annotations from the custom field classes. The annotations from Atlassian spring scanner are supposed to be necessary. Why do we have to remove them?

Since your case seems to be related to other sort of classes, maybe web actions or controllers, perhaps you have to remove the annotations from those classes.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

105 views 4 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you