File X was not uploaded. An Internal error has occured. Please contact your Administrator.

Haley Ronda October 25, 2017

I'm running server 7.4.3 and clients are receiving this error when trying to upload files. The file size doesn't seem to be the issue as we increased recently. As an administrator I'm able to upload but clients aren't always able to.

I'm unsure of where to look into logs within JIRA as I don't see them in the Logging and Profiling section.

Any help would  be great.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2017

You can get the log location from the system information page in admin.  It's usually atlassian-jira.log under <jira home>/logs

Thanks Nic.

We had an issue recently but only have 1 error posted in there for this package option.

com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment 

This option wasn't in my logging and profiling set up and recently added it. What would be the best setting to have this package set at to get the most detail out of the error the client is receiving? Right now I have it st to INFO. Do you also happen to know if any activity is logged or if only certain activities are logged?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2017

If you set a class to a DEBUG level, you'll get a tonne of information dumped out to the log. 

At a debug level, just about everything is logged, but it will fill your disk and slow the service down, so use it sparingly.

Should that log just run after setting it up or do you need to reset something after putting it in place?

Suggest an answer