Fields stay empty when opening new issue

Yousaf December 13, 2017

Hello,

when a new issue is created from a current issue, the fields from the current one are not taken to the new one. 

Example: Issue 1 Accounter is Max, in Issue 2 the Accounter field is empty and Max has to be entered manually. How can I change this?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2017

Hello @Yousaf

In order to create a new issue from the current issue, are you using a plugin, as JIRA doesn't support inheritance of field values when linked issues are created.

Yousaf December 13, 2017

Hi Tarun,

I just got it to work with JWT. I forgot that we had it installed, all works now.

Just one small problem: I can´t find out how to set the Service Desk request. The request type is always No match from default. 

But it should automatically take it from the customer. Any way to do so?

Thanks

Yousaf December 13, 2017

I just went through it, but it does not slove my problem :/ 

I thought maybe this could help and tried this giude, but it does not work either.. strange 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/automatically-set-customer-request-type-when-issue-is-created-via-jira-859463969.html

Yousaf January 8, 2018

I just checked and there are 2 things I noticed:

1. When a customer creates an issue through the SD-Portal, the request type appears and is always correct

2. When an issue is created internal in my office by me or co-workers, the request type says no match.. There is no way I could avoid this. 

Is there a solution for problem 2? A lot of issues are created in house over the "create" button in Jira, so it would be great if there is a fix

Thanks ;-)

Suggest an answer