Fields not editable outside WBSGantt for certain issuetypes

Christopher Haller June 24, 2022

We are using WBSGantt for our Jira instance. I am attempting to edit the Start and Finish dates for several different issue type. They all use the Screen Scheme and are very similar but some show the Start and Finish dates for the WBSGantt on their edit pages and if entered show up in the Dates field. We can also use Bulk Edit to change a number of issues at once. Other issuestype don't appear to have Start and Finish dates except on the WBS Gantt-Chart page where we can display all of the issuetypes we via a filter. I can edit them on this page but not on the more standard issue editing pages. I can also display the Start and Finish dates on the Issue display page. I am perplexed that some show up on the edit and bulk change pages and other especially when they are using the same screen schemes. Any ideas here on this issue or is it just a really bad quirky defect of WBSGantt?

1 answer

0 votes
Alessandro Portela Cristiano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2022

Hello, @Christopher Haller 

Thank you for bringing this behavior to our attention and creating this Community Question.

This is indeed an odd behavior. WBS Gantt-Chart fields are default Jira Custom Fields which were supposed to be shown in any screen scheme you have set up.

That said, have you checked what Jira suggests you if you use the Where Is My Field option?

Jira may be able to suggest you what is missing in these cases.

We are looking forward to hearing more from you. If you need assistance with our plugins or have any other questions, please, contact us anytime at Ricksoft-Support.atlassian.net with more details, steps and screenshots/recordings. We'll be happy to help.

We wish you a great day!

Kind Regards,
Alessandro C. | Support Engineer
Ricksoft Support Team

Suggest an answer