Fields in workflow screen does not show

Jørgen Johanson February 25, 2015

I have a custom field that is only used in a workflow screen (it has not been included in any other screens). I can give this field a value in the workflow screen and I can see the field and its value when viewing all issues (Issues -> All  Issues).

However, when viewing a single issue (clicking on Summary), the field and its value does not show (the field is a date Picker field by the way).

How can I have the field show (without adding it to the Create/Edit screen (I only want the field to be modified via the workflow screen))?

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2015

Make sure it is configured for this project and issue type in Custom Field's configuration and that it's not set as hidden in the relevant Field Configuration.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2015

Have you added this field to your view screen as well?

No, this field is only present on the workflow screen (I only want the field to be modified via the workflow screen).

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2015

If you put it on the view screen you won't be able to edit it (unless it is also on the edit screen). But if it is not on the view screen you won't see it.

OK, great! Thanks! Did not make separate edit and view screens...

Suggest an answer