Fields in the view screen are not in the correct order after re-ordering fields.

Maksim Khasin October 22, 2015

I have a Default screen associated with Edit, View, and Create.  When I change the order of the fields within the Default screen, the new order is reflected in the Edit and Create screens, but not the View.  In the View screen, it appears that the custom fields are being grouped together.  Specifically, I would like for all of my custom fields to remain grouped at the top, but for a few specific fields to appear below Description.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2015

You can't do that.  The view screen specifically pulls out the set of system fields, and groups the users and date/time fields together.  Then the fields that are left are displayed in the order you have them in the screen definition in the "custom fields" area.

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2015

The "View screen" is actually how the ticket is displayed to you and it is following a certain "display" and ordering by default and you cannot change that. Custom Fields will always appear in one section, Links will always be displayed in one section, "People", "Dates" etc... 

Suggest an answer