Fields ignored

Aleksandr Khandogin October 28, 2019

Hi!

I have automotion rule it's trigged by issue creation, "if" validates by issue type and it edit Summary field. It's works perfectly. 
But when I apply custom issue security, when tasks see only people in group, that rule runing with error. And it's don't changes the Summary field.

What can I do in this case? 
Thanks.

Error type in the bottom.

Action details:

The following issues passed:NC-792

No fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project): NC-792
Unknown fields set during edit, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored - Summary (summary)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aleksandr Khandogin October 29, 2019

Ok! If somones have same problems, so you may add to issue security Project Role (atlassian-addons-project-access). 

aokeeffe@guidewire.com April 1, 2020

Hi @Aleksandr Khandogin  - I have the same issue now, where do I add what you are suggesting - the ''may add to issue security Project Role (atlassian-addons-project-access). ''?

Thank you!

Aleksandr Khandogin April 15, 2020

Hi! Yes, you needs to add Project Role (atlassian-addons-project-access)
This solution helped me.

Joe_Hardin April 16, 2020

@Aleksandr Khandogin that reply makes no sense. Add WHO to the project role?

Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2020

I have the same problem but not with cloud but server. Do you have any suggesstions?

Aleksandr Khandogin August 12, 2020

@Z B I don't know how it works at server version, but I guess in server version settings should be similar.
You should add to issue security access for addons in project role.
In Cloud version this access for addons named "atlassian-addons-project-access", in server version maybe different

Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2020

Thanks, it's probably not that because one branch of the automation works and the other doesn't. I have contacted Atlassian support because I couldn't figure it out.

Mahesh Kallepalli February 18, 2021

@Z B What is the solution for this In the same branch can't automation edit multiple fields?

0 votes
Varsha Mungale March 23, 2023

I get the same error (No fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project) This happens for a Custom field but only on "some" tickets. On most other tickets, the automations runs and updates this custom field. The atlassian-addons-project-access has permission to edit issue. Issue Security is not enabled on this project. The automation has only if else and no branching. Any help is welcome. Thanks

Suggest an answer