Fields configuration

Hi everyone..

I'm a project administration on Jira, and I want to configure a field for an issue just for a project. Everything is fine for me, for example it's look like this:

image2015-9-9 11:42:38.png

What I want, is  to modify the settings, as every Team Lead or project administrator on his project to can do the same thing (add/configure fields). Now they can't do that, they don't have the permission (they don't have the add field right now) it's look like this one:

image2015-9-9 11:48:42.png

In this print screen, the user is an administrator on that project and he can't add or configure the fields.
So my questions, is that possible?

Best regards

2 answers

HI Raul,

No, it is not possible for JIRA Project Administrator to manage Screens, Fields and other section.

Only thing they can modify is Component and Version.

Only users with JIRA Administrator permission can modify screens, Fields etc.

0 vote

For more information about permissions, please refer the URL below. It explains what each permission can do in JIRA.

Hope it helps!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

363 views 6 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot