Fields added not Appearing in the view Issue screen during Bulk Upload

Yogashree M February 26, 2015

Hi,

I am doing a Bulk upload in Jira.Uploading is working fine.

But the Problem is the few fields that i have added to screen are not appearing when i view the issue,but when i edit the same issue i am able to see all the fields that i have added,this is something really weird.

I want to see all the fields that i have added.

If i cannot what might be the Issue and why will not that be seen?

A quick help will be greatly Appreciated:)

Thanks,

Yogashree.M

6 answers

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2015

Having two Resolution fields will cause some problem or other, if inly confusion. Not a good idea!

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2015

Hmm, there is also a system field named resolution, maybe you mapped it wrong. Do as Nic said, check your log.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2015

That doesn't seem to be related to your original question really. Check your log to see if there are import errors.

0 votes
Yogashree M February 26, 2015

Thanks Nic and Udo for your reply.

We have a field called Resolution which is free text field,I have filled value while doing upload but it is not getting uploaded,when i click on edit i am able to see the empty resolution field.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2015

Can it be, that the fields are empty? Empty custom fields will not be displayed on the view screen!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2015

I suspect that you have no data for the fields that are not appearing.  JIRA only shows fields which have data in them when you view an issue.  Try editing the issue and putting some data in, then see if the fields appear on issue view.

Suggest an answer