Field value does not auto populate in JQL search

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2015

I have created a custom field (named "Dev Team") of type Select List (single choice). This field works fine other than in JQL when I enter "Dev Team" = L   I expect the field values starting with L to show, but they don't. 

This character matching of values works for other fields just fine. But not for this one. 

Any ideas?

thanks

4 answers

0 votes
pkirkeby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2015

Sounds like this is caused by https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35126

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2015

Does the field have a searcher?

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2015

Multi Select Searcher

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2015

Ok, cross that idea off the list.

0 votes
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2015

Did you complete a re-index yet?

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2015

I think the IT guy has done that. But to be safe I will have him do a full reindex again.

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2015

take that back, IT guys says he did reindex last week.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2015

Are you using different contexts for this custom field?

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2015

to be frank, I do not get Context much at all. The context for Dev Team field is 2 projects and several issues types. I am not sure why it would matter though.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2015

If you have two different contexts (one for issue type A in Project B and one as default for all other projects) then JQL will only autocomplete values only from the default (if I remember it correct)

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2015

Looking at the custom field > Dev Team I see one context defined. Issue type(s): Design Story Bug Sprint Task Epic Task Sub-task Business Story Project(s): A B Dev team has a default value.

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2015

I also removed Project B from context. Still no luck.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2015

Not sure if it will help, but can you add an additional clause like issuetype = Bug. So JQL knows that it can use that context.

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2015

I did this JQL with no luck project = A and issuetype = Bug and "Dev Team" = whatever I typed didnt to auto fill

Suggest an answer