Field type for Database Information field

Craig Fry July 1, 2013

I'm doing a database look up that pulls a list of users based on the Application/Component. How can I configure Jira to recognize the field as a Person field so they can get email notifications? The username in the custom database I'm pulling from matches the username in Jira.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

Hi,

can you create a "user picker" custom field, and copy the value from the DB custom field to this one?

there are some plugins you can use to do that copy (Jira Suite Utilities and many others)

Then email to the recipient in the "user picker" CF by using the listener ..

HTH

0 votes
Craig Fry July 1, 2013

They won't be a watcher. They will only get one email. If the field is a User Picker field, it works fine, however I need to filter the list based on the Application/Component so I'm using an external database and a Database Info field to do that. When I do that, Jira doesn't recognize the selection as a username so my Event doesn't send the email.

0 votes
Craig Fry July 1, 2013

They won't be a watcher. They will only get one email. If the field is a User Picker field, it works fine, however I need to filter the list based on the Application/Component so I'm using an external database and a Database Info field to do that. When I do that, Jira doesn't recognize the selection as a username so my Event doesn't send the email.

0 votes
David Pinn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

Hi Craig. When you write "recognize the field as a Person field", which field do you refer to? Are you trying to automatically add watchers to an issue?

Suggest an answer