Field showing timeline view

Dandy Bräunlich May 22, 2019
For Incident Handling i want to update an Custom Field in Jira whenever one of the following action appears:

Issue is assigned
Issue commented
Issue transitioned

Format:

DD.MM.YYYY HH:mm:ss - Someone assigned Issue

DD.MM.YYYY HH:mm:ss - Comment-Text
DD.MM.YYYY HH:mm:ss - transitiond from to
DD.MM.YYYY HH:mm:ss - Comment Text

The idea is to have one field for using in an confluence post incident review showing the whole story.

I think about using Scriptrunner for this. Can anyone help me?

2 answers

0 votes
Dan Brockwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2021

Hey Dandy, I'm an Associate Product Manager in Incident Management for Jira Service Management.

We're currently looking to better understand how teams conduct their post incident review (PIR) / postmortem process and their key pain points / user needs.

Came across your feedback and would love to set up some time to learn more about how your team runs PIRs. Feel free to shoot me an email on dbrockwell@atlassian.com if you'd be open to having a chat :)

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2019

Hello Dandy,

I'm not sure how you can perform such updates using Scriptrunner, however, I would like to provide you the solution I was able to find using Automation for JIRA.

Using that add-on, you can reference Smart Values to add the values from the issue in the body of a text custom field, like below:

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 15.31.34.png

The rule above would add to the description of the Issue:

- The time the comment was added

- The user who added the comment

- The comment body

Let me know if this would be an option for you, Dandy.

Dandy Bräunlich May 24, 2019

Hi Petterson,

Thank you, this could work for me if i also could do it with transitions (from state a to b) and always update the same field and saving the history. Do you know if this would also be possible? 

Greeting

Dandy

Suggest an answer