Field required depending on other field value

Hey there,

I have a short question:
is it possible to configure a create transition to set a custom field (text) required if the priority is a specific value Blocker, critical f.e..
But when the priority is "lower" the custom field is optional.

Has anybody an idea to solve this ?  

Thanks in advice
Simon 

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Simon

Using JIRA Workflow Toolbox is very very easy to do this incluiding a post-function in the action "Create" in your flow. Do you have this plugin installed?

Regards

Begoña

Hey Begoña, thanks for the quick reply. I have a trial for this plugin but really don't get the post-function out of this - which one exactly do you mean?

I don't want to set a field value I want to make the field required or optional depending on another fields value.

If the original field containing the value can be single select dropdown check out the Dynamic Forms add-on. It's perfect for this scenario. It's in the marketplace I would include the link but I am on my phone and it's a pain to do that :-)

This widget could not be displayed.

Sorry Simon, I misunderstood your question.

For doing that you can use Behaviour plugin. It has availables this methods:

Behaviour.png

yup this is pretty easy with jjupin

Hey thanks for the reply. My problem is that I'm bad at scripting I have no idea about it - that's why I asked for a configuration way for this issue of mine.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

144 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you