Field permission and Field value permissions

Jason Turner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

I have two related questions.

1. Is it possible to restrict either visability or editability of a field. I want some users to be able to edit the field but not others.

2. I want some user to be able to select some values of a field but not other value. For example. I want one group of users to not be able to set sevirity of an issue to 1 or 2.

Perhaps these are not accomplished with features of the product but just how fields are offered/structured kind of a work arround to accomplish the same goal which I am fine with.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2013

1. No. Jira does not do field-level security. There are plugins that do a lot of it, but you can't use them in OnDemand. There are some workarounds at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1330 though (the obvious one is to remove fields from "edit" screens, and then hack your workflow to have transitions which can be protected with conditions and go through screens which do have the fields on them)

2. Not really. There's nothing built-in to do this, but you could try some javascript tricks. Again, you could find plugins to help... except you can't use them in OnDemand.

0 votes
Allison Tait October 19, 2015

Is JIRA now capable of field level security?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2015

No. Atlassian don't rate the usefulness particularly highly and have no need or desire to stomp on their partner's offerings on the subject.

Suggest an answer