Field is required even though not on screen

Shamsudeen Shaikh May 16, 2014

I have a custom field (required) configured on a specific screen, However when I try to create a new issue JIRA complains of field being required.

My create screen and screen which has the custom field are different, Also I verified in field configuration "screens" option.

I think the field is getting tied up somewhere, but cant figure it out.

Regards,

Shamsudeen

2 answers

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2014

Hello,

a custom field that has been defined as required into Field Configuration scheme is required into the creation screen even if it is not present there.

If you need to define a custom field required for a specifc workflow transition (different from creation), you could install JIRA Suite Utilities plugin and add a Validator (Fields Required) for your transition.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2014

Please, mark this field as option into your Field Configuration Shceme and take a look here for more information about Fields Required validator configuration https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Validators

Regards,

Fabio

Basavaraj Nesargi August 16, 2018

But the required field will not have an asterisk(*) mark by using the Fields Required validator.

0 votes
Shamsudeen Shaikh May 16, 2014
Thanks a lot ... That works...
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2014

You're welcome. Please mark my answer as accepted.

Regards,

Fabio

Suggest an answer