Field is not showing up on page layout even though it should.

Deleted user February 25, 2013

I have a slight problem with a couple of fields ('SAP Cost Center' & 'SAP Numbers') not displaying on a page layout even though it should be there. Those fields belong to the 'Default Field Configuration' configured for this issue type. I installed the excellent 'where is my field' plugin, and when I search for one of the affected fields it says:

Field 'SAP Cost Center' is in scope of the project in question and issue type 'Project'

The field 'SAP Cost Center' is present on the screen configured for this issue

The field 'SAP Cost Center' is hidden by the Field Configuration 'Default Field Configuration' that is configured for this issue.

To solve this problem, go to that configuration and click show to display the field 'SAP Cost Center'.

But when I go that field configuration the field is marked as visible. It was, however, hidden, but I changed that. Could it be that this change did not go through and the field is marked as hidden in the Jira database? How can I check if that is true? I have tried re-indexing the issue db, to no avail.

Any ideas?

6 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2013

Ok. What type of field is it?

0 votes
Deleted user March 3, 2013
this is on the Create Issue screen, so the field doesn't have any data yet.
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2013

Yup - everything looks pretty close here, but a bit more investigation may be needed.

Field config looks fine.

The field context looks good, as you've got it set "in scope of the project" - nagging doubt here - check if you've narrowed it down to issues as well, and if you have, check that the issue type is the one you are looking at

"Screen" is vague - you can have a different view, edit, and create screens for each project and/or issue-type - drill down through the project screen scheme, and I suspect you'll find Christian is right - you'll have the field on the edit or create screen, but not view.

One other minor thing - does the field have any data in it? It won't appear on view screens if it's empty.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

Do you have any data in that field? Otherwise you're not gonna see it on the view issue screen...

0 votes
Deleted user February 25, 2013

Yup. both on the edit screen and the create screen.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

Just out of curiosity, is the field present on the edit screen?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events