Field is not populating on the screen.

Arpita Argulwar May 6, 2014

Hi All,

I am trying to configure "Username of last updater or commenter" field for my project, however after associating this field with Screens(Create/Edit/view) and Project it is not reflecting while creating and editting the issue.

Jira Version is 3.1

Checked done at my end:

• Association with screen, project and particular Issue type
  • Field is not hide through Field Configuration
  • Jira Tool Kit plugin is enabled.
  • Added myself in jira-developer role, by refering the below mentioned url:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/172761/the-last-comment-by-user-field-of-jira-toolkit-doesn-t-seem-to-appear-in-any-of-my-screens

Please let me know if any additional thing is required here.

Regards,

Arpita Argulwar

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2014

That field is a view-only field, it won't do anything if you add it to a create/edit screen (heck, by definition, it simply can't appear on create - there's never anything for it to do on create)

You don't need to do anything special - your first three checks are all you need to do. Just put it on the view screen, and edit or comment on the issue and it'll appear. If you want it to appear for unedited issues, you MUST re-index

Arpita Argulwar May 6, 2014

I have tried to edit, comment and to change the workflow transition but no luck.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2014

I was about to ask for your version of Jira and the Toolkit, but I've just realised you've already given the Jira version. Which doesn't have any valid versions of the Toolkit.

I suspect this isn't working because the toolkit plugin simply isn't compatible with your Jira. You'll need to upgrade.

Suggest an answer