It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Field in jira

Hello

I'm looking for a field that have this benefits:

first time I enter data(like customer information),this data save data to field and next times this data exist in field and I can used it.

Is there a solution or plugin ?

thanks 

3 answers

1 vote
Jack Community Leader Sep 14, 2019

Hi @Marzii125 , I’m a bit confused by your request. The very nature of a field is to enter data that be later referenced. What is unique in your requirements? Can you elaborate?

1 vote
DPK J Community Leader Sep 14, 2019

I think what you are looking for is Label Type Custom Field. You will not need any plugin for this.

So, in Label Type Custom Field, you won't set any value initially, but once some one create new label, it will be available for others to use.

Hi @DPK J 

That's not a bad idea. its good.

but this idea is temporary, I look for a fix custom field for this task.

Thanks

Hello

It looks like you need a selector type field, the values of which someone can add without admin rights to the entire Jira, is that so?

If not, then the usual text field is suitable for you: someone fills it, and the information is stored in it :)

In fact, for such a large block of information as "customer information", the CMDB is well suited, for example

https://www.riada.se/riada-insight-asset-management-cmdb-software-for-jira

Hi @Yevhen Rohovets 

that's right ,I need a selector type field, the values of which someone can add without admin rights to the entire Jira .

thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

334 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you