Field 'flagged' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

Hi,

I get the message: "Field 'flagged' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it."

The error message apears when trying to filter for flagged issues "Flagged = Impediment" as described here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/working-with-issues/flagging-an-issue

I do not find the field "Flagged" in the field configuration or as a custom field.Using JIRA Agile 6.6.8 and JIRA 6.2.7
How can i fix this?

1 answer

0 votes

Three questions:

1.  What is prompting this error message?  i.e. What are you doing so that it pops up?
  2. You say you're on JIRA 7.1 and Agile 6.2.  These are totally incompatible, so can you confirm what you're actually using?  (Or, if you really are on that combination, how you managed to do it!)
  3. Assuming you are on a supported combination, then can you check that you have at least one issue with the flag set (right click on it on an Agile board)

Hi thanks for the quick reply.

Here my answers:

1.The error message apears when trying to filter for flagged issues "Flagged = Impediment" as described here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/working-with-issues/flagging-an-issue

2. Hm when i check the admin add-on page it shows JIRA Agile 6.6.8 and JIRA 6.2.7

3. We have several flagged issues and the function is working  in the rapidboards.

Sorry for the confusion I will update the first entry now.

Ok, do you get that error if you use just that phrase and absolutely nothing else?  i.e. literally just "flagged = Impediment"

If you get the error from that, may I assume Agile is a recent installation?  Could you schedule a full re-index at some point?

Re-index did not fix the issue.

When i try to search via JQL for "flagged = impediment" then i get the error message and i am using JIRA Agile 6.6.8.

I'm sorry, I missed the reply last week.

I have to admit I'm stuck on this one - you are doing everything right, and hence "Flagged = Impediment" should be a valid search.

I think this one needs to go to Atlassian as it should work.  Https://support.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

23,161 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you