Field 'flagged' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

Alexander Fedtke March 8, 2016

Hi,

I get the message: "Field 'flagged' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it."

The error message apears when trying to filter for flagged issues "Flagged = Impediment" as described here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/working-with-issues/flagging-an-issue

I do not find the field "Flagged" in the field configuration or as a custom field.Using JIRA Agile 6.6.8 and JIRA 6.2.7
How can i fix this?

2 answers

0 votes
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2021

Please see my answer in a similar question.  The field Flagged must be on a screen in your project in order to filter by it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2016

Three questions:

1.  What is prompting this error message?  i.e. What are you doing so that it pops up?
  2. You say you're on JIRA 7.1 and Agile 6.2.  These are totally incompatible, so can you confirm what you're actually using?  (Or, if you really are on that combination, how you managed to do it!)
  3. Assuming you are on a supported combination, then can you check that you have at least one issue with the flag set (right click on it on an Agile board)
Alexander Fedtke March 8, 2016

Hi thanks for the quick reply.

Here my answers:

1.The error message apears when trying to filter for flagged issues "Flagged = Impediment" as described here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/working-with-issues/flagging-an-issue

2. Hm when i check the admin add-on page it shows JIRA Agile 6.6.8 and JIRA 6.2.7

3. We have several flagged issues and the function is working  in the rapidboards.

Sorry for the confusion I will update the first entry now.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2016

Ok, do you get that error if you use just that phrase and absolutely nothing else?  i.e. literally just "flagged = Impediment"

If you get the error from that, may I assume Agile is a recent installation?  Could you schedule a full re-index at some point?

Alexander Fedtke March 9, 2016

Re-index did not fix the issue.

When i try to search via JQL for "flagged = impediment" then i get the error message and i am using JIRA Agile 6.6.8.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2016

I'm sorry, I missed the reply last week.

I have to admit I'm stuck on this one - you are doing everything right, and hence "Flagged = Impediment" should be a valid search.

I think this one needs to go to Atlassian as it should work.  Https://support.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer