Field configuration is not being reflected in create issue screen

Luke Latimer August 30, 2017

I have created a field configuration and mapped it to a scheme but when I create a new issue within the project the configuration is mapped to I still see numerous fields that aren't set to be Shown that configuration.

I've hidden the fields and when I view the field configuration they are clearly set to hidden (ie there is only a 'Show' link in the actions column).

If I edit an existing issue in the same project the field configuration is displayed correctly.

I have assigned both the create issue AND edit issue to the same Screen Scheme... I just can't figure out what's missing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 answers

0 votes

Thanks again for your input Nic.

Below is the Issue Type configuration for the project

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 9.26.10 AM.png

As you can see, it's all configured for the same scheme.

Now if we look at the Field configuration for IES Operations

Note the project it is associated with and note that Affect/s Versions is hidden. Also note the Screens (it is not on any IES Operations Screen) 

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 9.30.41 AM.png

Now is we go to the project and try and create an issue I can see Affects Versions and numerous other hidden fields.

The only other thing I can think of is that this is somehow related to either Project Roles or permissions schemes but I'm not sure how those properties within a project for a particular user influence the Field Configuration.

0 votes

Cheers guys!

The FC has numerous fields set to hidden but they all still appear in the Create Issue screen.

In the Screen Scheme (SS) I have Create/Edit/View issue all assigned to my custom Screen which only has the fields I want on it.

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 8.42.37 PM.png

Yet when I create an issue within the project assigned to this FC / SS it's showing up the wrong fields.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2017

If you're getting fields appear that you have hidden in a field configuration, then the project/issue is not using that field configuration.

Take note of the issue type you are trying to create/edit.  Then go to the project admin and look at the field configuration scheme.  That should tell you what field configuration is in use for that project and issue type.  I suspect you'll find it's not the one you think.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2017

The presence/absence of fields on the create screen depends on "Screen scheme" , thus please check your screen scheme for the issueType.

Field configuration scheme is primarily meant for making fields required/optional/hidden.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2017

And all fields appear in all field configurations no matter what.  One of the things field configurations enable is show/hide of fields.  But the FC itself lists all fields.

Suggest an answer