Field Required?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2012

I setup a custom field and associated it to one screen and that screen is associated with one workflow transition. The screen is not the Create screen or default screen.

However, when I create an issue and try to save, I get an error message that the custom field is required.

Why is that since I don't have it associated to that transition's screen?

I would really like to use the field configuration required option vs having to put all these requirements into validators, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2012

That is a known issue. You can't make it required if it is not on Create screen. Your only option is to check it using workflow validators.

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2012

Bummer...Ok. Thx for the quick answer!

Suggest an answer