Field 'Attachment' is required, has no value, and is not shown on the display.

AdamG September 28, 2012

I am trying to configure the clone-plus plug-in for our JIRA project. But I am running into the problem of having a required field (which can't be made optional) throw the validation error:

Field 'Attachment' is required, has no value, and is not shown on the display. Report to your Administrator.

In our configuration, this field is there, but for some reason is not displaying. How do I get around this issue?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AdamG October 9, 2012

This is amazing. It looks like the core issue was fixed by July 2006... but anyone that had the software before that (we did) still could have the faulty configuration. I am fixing it now for all our field configurations.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7021?focusedCommentId=59915&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel

1 vote
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2012
Check if attachments are enabled and if the permission scheme grants the "create attachments" permission
1 vote
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2012

Check associated field configuration and screen it might be hidden or not there on the screen.

0 votes
Tamir Lavi May 17, 2014

I would never have guessed that!!

The "Attachemnts" fieled was configured to "hide" in the default field configuration (Jira 6.1, upgared from 3.2)

Have no idea why ;)

Thanx for the sharing!!!

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2012

In our configuration, this field is there, but for some reason is not displaying.

You mean, it is missing from the screen? Did you have a look at the screen configurations?

Suggest an answer