Field Appearing Based on an answer of another field

Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2014

I am trying to have it on my resulotion screen where a user selects if there is a screen change it would then show that an open text field for those changes, or select yes for the report change and a text field appears for that? Does anyone know if this is possible or a way to make it if yes is selected the text field is required. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2014

Hey there,

you could do this with post your workflow steps.
Set up 2 Transitions in the next status and set conditions to both of them.
The first step need the condition Report Changes Value = "Yes" and the second requires "No".
Conditions make a step to vanish for the user if the condition is not given. 
And then you can attach a screen to your workflow step of choice. This should work.

You could build this also a little bit more elegant if you use the ScriptRunner Plugin
and build an conditioned post function - this works for sure, but is more complex.

Hope I could help.

Greets
Simon 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2014

Great! I will give this a try and see what happens. Thanks Simon.

0 votes
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2014

Figured I probably didnt explain this the best. So here is what I am looking for if it can be done.

Report Changes: [] Yes [] No

If Yes, it will open a text field for the changes.

Suggest an answer