Few project in one realse

Marcin Dułak May 16, 2022

Hello,
I have a problem with one activity. Maybe you know if it is possible to include tasks from another project for an issue in one project? I have project A, B and C, I would like project B to include tasks from A and C in the release.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Rusnak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2022
Hi Marcin,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Just to make sure I am understanding your issue, you want to create a Cross Project release (a release that contains issues from multiple projects)?

If that is the case, you can do this using Advanced Roadmaps. Within a project itself, releases will be project specific (so no issues from project A could be in a release for project B). However with Advanced Roadmaps you have the ability to create Cross Project Releases, which can contain issues/releases from multiple projects in a single cross project release.

I am not sure which Jira implementation you are running (Data Center/Server or Cloud) so I have included documentation to both below:

Does this sound like what you are looking to do? If I have misunderstood your request or you have additional questions related to this I would be happy to discuss further.

Best,
Andy
Marcin Dułak May 18, 2022

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I am using jira Server or Data Center.
However, according to this manual, I was not able to set the cross-platform release. I'm not sure if I have the correct version for this? Can I check it somehow?

Andy Rusnak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2022

Hi Marcin, 

When you say you you are able to set the cross-platform release, what specifically do you mean?  What specific behavior are you seeing?  Which step in the instructions isn't working?  

If you could provide me with some additional information I may be able to make some additional suggestions.  

Best, 

Andy 

Suggest an answer