Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Few project in one realse

Hello,
I have a problem with one activity. Maybe you know if it is possible to include tasks from another project for an issue in one project? I have project A, B and C, I would like project B to include tasks from A and C in the release.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Rusnak Atlassian Team May 17, 2022
Hi Marcin,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Just to make sure I am understanding your issue, you want to create a Cross Project release (a release that contains issues from multiple projects)?

If that is the case, you can do this using Advanced Roadmaps. Within a project itself, releases will be project specific (so no issues from project A could be in a release for project B). However with Advanced Roadmaps you have the ability to create Cross Project Releases, which can contain issues/releases from multiple projects in a single cross project release.

I am not sure which Jira implementation you are running (Data Center/Server or Cloud) so I have included documentation to both below:

Does this sound like what you are looking to do? If I have misunderstood your request or you have additional questions related to this I would be happy to discuss further.

Best,
Andy

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I am using jira Server or Data Center.
However, according to this manual, I was not able to set the cross-platform release. I'm not sure if I have the correct version for this? Can I check it somehow?

Andy Rusnak Atlassian Team May 18, 2022

Hi Marcin, 

When you say you you are able to set the cross-platform release, what specifically do you mean?  What specific behavior are you seeing?  Which step in the instructions isn't working?  

If you could provide me with some additional information I may be able to make some additional suggestions.  

Best, 

Andy 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you