Feedback: Jira Edit issue screens prevent user from seeing details of issue

Steve McMillen June 10, 2014

This is more feedback but I'm not seeing any sort of forums for this.

When triaging, editing or otherwise updating a ticket, I'm often faced wtih the problem of needing to review some details of the ticket. But the edit modal dialog fills up the entire ticket. You might be lucky to see the original submitter partly covered off to the right. its really bad experience. Makes me wonder if you use your own product.

Can you PLEASE add some way to move the modal dialog out of the way and view the details of the bug. Maybe a "collapse" button. Or maybe just a "open in new window" button.

My currnet workaround is to open a new window and browse to the bug. Yuck!

Generally you need access to any details in the bug while in one of the modal screens. This mght include:

• Description
  • Reporter, current assignee
  • Attachements

Please let me know if there's a better place to sumit this feedback. I might not have dug around the website enough.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2014

Jira.atlassian.comis the best place to raise feature requests (as well as bugs!). Before you raise it though, have a quick look for existing related issues - if there's one with momentum, it's better to comment/watch/vote on something with existing votes if you can.

Steve McMillen June 10, 2014

Thanks. Done. JRA-38703

Suggest an answer