Features on linking issues

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Hi All

I would like to know if these features can be implemented in Jira.

1. Ability to synchonize all linked issues for selected fields.

2. Ability to view the last comment for all linked issues to be displayed for an issue.

The background is that we had written two plugins for these functions and they were functional until 3.13 but the moment we upgraded to a newer version the plugins could not load on start-up and were not functional.

The need for this feature is because issues are raised with 8 different projects (with different owners) and linked together. And if the issue was linked across several projects, it would become very difficult to know which comments or status is the most up to date.

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2013

I think you need to define "synchronise" for the first point.

On the second, I don't think there's a plugin around to do that, so you'll need to write your own.

In both cases, I'd strongly recommend taking the code you have for 3.11 and upgrading it for your current version of Jira.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

yes, i have updated the plugins to make them compatible with the new version. thanks Nic..

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2013

Hi Rahul,

If you already have plugins that cover your requirements, I am guessing with a few changes to your plugin, you can get it working with the latest version of JIRA.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Updating+JIRA+Plugins+for+JIRA+4.1

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

yes, i have updated the plugins to make them compatible with the new version. thanks

Suggest an answer