Features Usage

I'm trying to structure and report out the hierarchy of the issues, namely epics, features, and stories. I can see that you can create the parent-child relationship with epics and stories. How is the "features" used in Jira. I was hoping that I can do epic - > features - > stories to show the decomposition of epic to granular stories. Currently, you can only do a relate to for stories under the feature and can not see the burndown like you can with epics? I have searched all throughout this site and on the web but with no answer on how features are being used in Jira. Thank you for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy Chin Community Champion Feb 28, 2015

For JIRA Cloud, you'll normally end up with Epic -> Parent Issue -> Sub Task or Epic -> Parent Issue -> Linked Issue -> Subtask. Another thing that you can try is to use the Component field for Features.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

465 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you