[Feature Request]: Source Tree overview / all projects commit filter

smleimberg December 3, 2013

First of all: Source tree is awesome. I use it daily at work and at home. I love how easy it is to use & the power of Git-Flow.

Second: I have LOTS of projects & repositories to keep up with. I would love to simply see a window or calendar view or something that displays commits from all projects in a single place, preferably with the ability to filter by Author & dates.

EX: List me@email.com's commits from all local projects between now & yesterday.

Dec 3, 2013 4:50 PM | Project1 | 71019fa | more p1 fixes
Dec 3, 2013 3:30 PM | Project1 | 5f05c4a | another p1 commit
Dec 3, 2013 3:02 PM | Project3 | a6b7a3c | yep
Dec 3, 2013 2:26 PM | Project3 | f7aeeb1 | readme updates
Dec 3, 2013 11:44 AM | Project2 | c865ae8 | p2 notes
Dec 3, 2013 9:55 AM | Project1 | dv426gs | some notes here
Dec 2, 2013 4:45 PM | Project1 | ghzrs43 | first commit

Otherwise if I want to see what I or a team member was working on on a specific day, I have to open up several projects & scroll through all the commit dates & see what or if I/he/she was working on anything on a particular day. Thus imensly cluttering up my desktop with loads of windows.

Surely this is possible. Source tree already has bookmarks/project names & knows the location of all of your repositories. Also this feature is basically already implemented on a user's bitbucket profile activity page except it only applies to projects in BitBucket whose commits have been "pushed".

This would enable people to use source tree to keep better track of their time, projects & things like billable hours.

I think a feature such as this would benefit a lot of people in more ways than you think.

1 answer

0 votes
thinsoldier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2014

I've had to implement something like this for myself by exporting svn logs to a file then parsing them with php and dropping the data into mysql to make it searchable. Anyone can implement the basic functionality in a few hours. Making a good UI for it and integrating it a preexisting app like sourcetree might take a bit longer.

Suggest an answer