Feature Request: Be able to filter activity Stream to show only comments where my name is "mentioned" (also where I am a watcher).

Danny Cook(oni) January 15, 2013

We have users that are not always going through tickets in Jira and are missing comments requiring their feedback. While some rules could be set up on mail, some users want to be able to see these issues in Jira easily.

It would be great to have a filter in the Activity Stream to allow only comments where a users name is "mentioned". Additionally where I am a watcher - and status is in (some statuses).

For example, a user could use a saved query for getting a list of items where the users name is mentioned in the comments but the item would be present from the first comment making the mention with no visible difference for future comments within that issue that mention the user. By allowing the activity stream to use a saved query they would see comments mentioning them (and/or other users) in chronological order

2 answers

3 votes
Dino Buskulic March 11, 2015

What happend with this request? I couldn't follow @Renjith [Atlassian] - is there something out-of-the-box available?

Danny Cook(oni) March 27, 2015

not yet. The examples provided by @Renjith [Atlassian] does not exactly meet the need. I was hoping to be able to see an ordered list of comments that just mentione the (Currentuser()).

Danny Cook(oni) March 27, 2015

Please vote for the question so we can get more attention on it.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Is this useful as mentioned in the feature request below? (not a complete solution, but will give you the data you looking for)

(summary ~ "username" OR description ~ "username" OR comment ~ "username")

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27594

You may vote for it to get it implemented as a specific JQL function.

For watched issues, it is already existing, try:

issue in watchedIssues()

Danny Cook(oni) January 21, 2013

Your first suggestion works for getting a list of items where the users name is mentioned in the comments but the item would be present from the first comment mentioning the user with no visible difference for future comments mentioning the user. By allowing this filter in the activity stream a user could set up a specific stream where they would see comments mentioning them (and/or other users) in chronological order

Harrison Napper May 11, 2016

@Renjith Pillai : Agreed with Danny here. Would also like to see the Activity Stream be filterable in the web UI. For me, even if I could just choose to see comments in general, that would be useful. As it stands, I have to scroll through pages of work and status updates and pick out comments.

Suggest an answer