Fast-track transition an issue doesn't work on hidden transition

Anatolijs Tarasovs August 6, 2014

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Jira 6.3.1, Misc Workflow Extensions add-on 3.5.1 and Script Runner add-on 3.0.3.

I've been using the fast-track post function of the Script Runner to transition an issue via a hidden transition—hidden by Misc Workflow Extensions' condition that hides the transition for users, but allows programmatic usage—since the upgrade fast-tracking no longer works when the transition is hidden, but does work if it is not.

Hidden transition's condition:

The fast-track post function:

Has something changed in either Script Runner or Misc Workflow Extensions add-ons that prevents fas-track post functions from seeing the hidden transition?

Any help is much appreciated.
Anatolijs

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2014

I don't know why it used to work, but it makes sense to me that it doesn't work now.

Conditions can only return true or false, so the MWE condition will just return false for the current user. If the condition returns false then it's not available to fast-track.

I don't know what version of SR you upgraded from, perhaps previously it used some lower-level API to do the transition, and now it uses IssueService which checks that the transition is valid for the current user.

I can't think of a good way to handle this. Personally I think the issue is in MWE. If I think of something I'll get back...

0 votes
Anatolijs Tarasovs August 10, 2014

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your answer. I've been able to work around this with David from MWE.

Anatolijs

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014

Cool... is there anything you can share to help other people in a similar predicament?

Anatolijs Tarasovs August 18, 2014

David added an additional post-function that transitions an issue and gave me a snapshot version of his add-on. The new post-function is similar to the one he already had in the official version called Transition Parent Issue. It provides the same functionality as fast-track, but also respects the Hide Transition condition.

So unfortunately this solution isn't publicly available yet, but hopefully the new post-function will be included in a new release.

Oded Priva October 5, 2014

Can you please share the the additional post function?

Suggest an answer