Fast track fails for to transition "not valid for the current state of this issue"

Oded Priva October 5, 2014

Hi, 

I have the following configuration :

A transition which assign an issue to a specific user ( CI  user, part of automation role ), and a fast track 

image2014-10-6 13:5:32.png

the fast track has a condition of "user in project role"

image2014-10-6 13:7:58.png

But I continue to get this error : "not valid for the current state of this issue" 

the same configuration worked perfectly before an upgrade for both JIRA ( 6.3.6 ), script runner ( 3.0.5 ) and MWE (3.5.1 ) 

Any idea how to solve this ? 

3 answers

0 votes
Ilan Brodsky October 18, 2014

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] I have the same issue, with the exact same versions as Oded has. Tried upgrading to script runner 3.0.6. Also,made sure I have no conditions or validators. Yet, same issue. I've tried looking for the Automation User role in the roles / groups section and documentation as you indicated but couldn't find any reference. Can you elaborate how to check for the Automation User role?

0 votes
Seam Mee Tan October 6, 2014

From your second screenshot I see there is an validator included in the transition too, you might want to check on the validator in this case. It should not be due to the conditions set cause if the user does not fulfill the conditions he will not able to see the transition button in the issues view screen.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2014

what version did you upgrade from? Script Runner executes the transition as the current user, it has done so for a long time IIRC, so if the user is not in Automation User role then it won't succeed.

Suggest an answer