Fast Track Transition: Condition not met for status

Melissa Bay September 23, 2014

I'm having issues with my fast track transition not firing with the below condition for status.  I must not have the correct syntax for the Condition to be met.  The condition is Status='Approved-Company Car'.  Can someone help clarify what I'm doing wrong here?

image2014-9-24 9:19:6.png

2 answers

1 vote
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2014

Hi,

You can use the following to retrieve the status name:

issue.getStatusObject().getName()

If you define a scripted field, you can quickly test such a condition with a specified issue key.

Kind regards,

Geert

0 votes
Melissa Bay September 24, 2014

Hi @Geert Graat,

Thanks for the response.  I'm still a little unsure how to get this working properly.  I've input the following now for the condition.  Do I need to specify the issue key for getStatusObject()? Also, do I need to specify anything in the brackets for getName?

issue.getStatusObject().getName() == 'Approved-Company Car'

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

issue.getStatusObject().getName() is exactly the same as issue.statusObject.name You don't specify any key because you have the issue in the "issue" variable...

Melissa Bay September 24, 2014

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] Thanks, Jamie. Makes sense. It's still not working for me with condition= issue.statusObject.name == 'Approved-Company Car' This is a custom status I created. I tried removing the space between "company" and "car" to see if that would work... still nothing. I'm out of ideas now.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2014

maybe you have a trailing space or something on your status name. Is the condition tester there? If so try: assert issue.statusObject.name == 'Approved-Company Car' (just to test) and post the output.

Suggest an answer