Failed to start JIRA due to a build number inconsistency.

Cinthya July 7, 2016

Hello,

I can not Access to JIRA because appears a mensaje which says:

"Failed to start JIRA due to a build number inconsistency.

The data present in your database is newer than the version of JIRA you are trying to startup. Database build number: 71012 JIRA app build number: 71003"

It is strange because I did not make any change on mi JIRA application, I did not make changes on the databse either.

Please tell me what can I do?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2016

Hmm, this usually comes only during an upgrade or a migration.

Can you check if the workaround on this page helps? https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/import-from-cloud-to-standalone-failed-to-start-jira-due-to-a-build-number-inconsistency-722145047.html

0 votes
Cinthya July 8, 2016

Hi Jobin,

Thanks for your answer.

My partner just told me he installed JIRADESK some days ago, we reviewed the database and some tables of our database schema changed their structure, so we suspect the instalation of JIRADESK is the cause of the problem.

According to this situation, what can I do to solve it?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2016

You can try to find out the build number in DB and update it to match the app version. I do not remember where the build number is stored though. If you have a backup XML, search in it to find the build number.

Suggest an answer