Failed to start JIRA due to a build number inconsistency.

Hello,

I can not Access to JIRA because appears a mensaje which says:

"Failed to start JIRA due to a build number inconsistency.

The data present in your database is newer than the version of JIRA you are trying to startup. Database build number: 71012 JIRA app build number: 71003"

It is strange because I did not make any change on mi JIRA application, I did not make changes on the databse either.

Please tell me what can I do?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Hmm, this usually comes only during an upgrade or a migration.

Can you check if the workaround on this page helps? https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/import-from-cloud-to-standalone-failed-to-start-jira-due-to-a-build-number-inconsistency-722145047.html

Hi Jobin,

Thanks for your answer.

My partner just told me he installed JIRADESK some days ago, we reviewed the database and some tables of our database schema changed their structure, so we suspect the instalation of JIRADESK is the cause of the problem.

According to this situation, what can I do to solve it?

You can try to find out the build number in DB and update it to match the app version. I do not remember where the build number is stored though. If you have a backup XML, search in it to find the build number.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,968 views 19 22
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you