Failed to close an issue

Hi all,

On a shared workflow, when a user tries to close an issue the error message "Issue is not closed" appears. He's the reporter and the assignee so he's supposed to be able to accept all changes and proceed. He can also change statuses, that works. It only happens to one user and the project hasn't changed. Any ideas?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf Community Champion Jan 09, 2019

Hi @Paula Anton Salas

Could you look at the jira logs for more information?

Also check the workflow transition for validator and postfunction to see whether any of them could cause this problem.

Hi @Fazila Ashraf

To close the issue we have only one condition that the user fulfill and the postfunctions are also correct. 

On the logs I cannot find anything that helps me to understand the issue

Thanks

Did you validate whether the post functions are executed before the error appears?

Hi, 

How do I do it? The postfunctions are the 5 that all JIRA and one adding a comment.

In any case, the workflow is shared by many projects and only this user has this problem

Thanks 

Well, if the post functions are all the default jira ones, it might not be that.

Please check whether the user is able to close another issue in the same project.

Could you check whether the user has 'Transition issue', 'Close issue', 'Resolve issue' permissions in the project's permission scheme?

Can you give him a higher access and check whether he is able to?

Hi,

he has as much permissions as possible. He's an project admin, he can edit, delete, create, move,... issues. It's really a special case because he's the only person facing this issue for this workflow (shared in many projects).

I checked with the permission helper and he has the permission to close issues... it's really strange

And he is able to close another ticket successfully in the same project?

Could you try a project reindex?

It seems that there is trouble with validation. 

Check all validators for this transition.

Hi @Vasiliy Zverev

For this transition I have the default post functions, 1 condition (fulfilled by the user), no triggers, no validators. 

It has to be something else but I'm pretty lost. Any other ideas?

Thanks 

It could be permission issue. see @Fazila Ashraf last answer.

No, I double checked with the permission helper and manually. It's not that 

Try to investigate jira-log.txt for errors.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Jan 08, 2019 in Jira

How to Jira for designers

I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...

1,222 views 5 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you