Failed to add the following attachment to this issue because the file name is invalid

Mahesh Dighe July 24, 2017

Hi,

I am facing issue when to upload attachment automatically from NESSUS Security Center. It was working before but not working now.

Is anybody facing similar issue and got resolution.

Regards,

MSD

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2017

I have not encountered this particular error, but I would like to know more about this problem.  Such as:

• The size of this file
  • The type of file, extention
  • an example filename (it could be something strange with an unexpected character in the filename that might cause this)

It might also help to take a closer look at the logs inside JIRA or Confluence when this happens.  If you're using Cloud, then it might be worth opening a support request to have our support team investigate at https://getsupport.atlassian.com

But if you're using the server versions that would be hosted on your local server, then I'd be interested to see what the JIRAHOME/log/atlassian-jira.log looks like when this error happens.  It might provide some more info as to why this attachment failed.

Mahesh Dighe July 26, 2017

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for response.

I will try to run test scan for RCA.

It was working before and suddenly stopped working. Will check for logs for same as sugested.

Regards, 

MSD

Suggest an answer