Failed field mapping during sync

Gary Brown June 21, 2016

Hello,
We are mapping a string field in TFS to a custom field in JIRA called "Account". However, we are getting this error:

System.Net.WebException: Errors: {
"customfield_10610": "Account is required."

But we have already created a mapping between the TFS and JIRA.
Note, on the JIRA side, the "Account" custom field is marked as LOCKED. Not sure if that makes any difference.

3 answers

0 votes
Michał Nykiel June 27, 2016

Hi Gary,

unfortunately, as the error messages says, we currently do not support mapping of custom field types like the Account field. I've created an issue TFS-1272 for that, you can add yourself as a watcher to be notified on any progress. However, keep in mind that it's not on our roadmap right now, so please be patient.

Regards,
Michał Nykiel

Gary Brown June 27, 2016

If I exclude this field mapping, the error reads "Account is required."

Is there any way around this?

Michał Nykiel June 29, 2016

The only workaround I can think of right now is to make the Account field optional. It looks like you can configure this in Tempo Accounts Configuration: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/ACCOUNTS/Accounts+Configuration

0 votes
Gary Brown June 24, 2016

Hi Michal,

Sorry for the delay.

I found that I needed to specify a value for the TFS field before attempting sync.  Now I get a different error for this field: JIRA account field type value write is not yet supported

TFS field field ref name is Applied.Account2 and is type string.

Mapping to JIRA custom field Account (see screenshot below)

Note: we are not using cloud.

Here's more of the log.  Some screenshots below.

2016-06-24 08:54:22,287 [13] WARN synchronizer.Services.SynchronizationService - synchronizer.Exceptions.SynchronizationException:

Error creating JIRA issue from work item #4946 of User Story type which is in Active state ---> System.Exception:
Error creating JIRA issue from work item #4946 of User Story type which is in Active state ---> synchronizer.Mapping.MappingException:
Error mapping TFS Applied.Account2 field value to JIRA customfield_10610 field value:
- JIRA account field type value write is not yet supported

at synchronizer.Mapping.ValueCaster.IntermediateValueToJiraValue(SyncProfile syncProfile, IntermediateFieldValue value, FieldMapping mapping, JiraFieldMeta fieldMeta)
at synchronizer.Mapping.FieldMapper.GetJiraMappedValueFor(SyncProfile syncProfile, TfsTeamProjectCollection collection, FieldMapping mapping, JiraFieldMeta jiraFieldMeta, Object tfsValue, JToken currentJiraValue, Boolean noDefault)
at synchronizer.Mapping.FieldMapper.GetJiraFieldValueFromWorkItem(SyncProfile syncProfile, TfsTeamProjectCollection collection, List`1 fieldMappings, Dictionary`2 fieldsMeta, String fieldName, WorkItem wi, JToken currentJiraValue, Boolean noDefault)
at synchronizer.Services.JiraService.GetIssueCreateData(WorkItem wi, Boolean noSubtaskSync, List`1& createdSubs, Double& tfsTimeSpent)
at synchronizer.Services.JiraService.CreateIssue(WorkItem workItem, Boolean noSubtaskSync, Boolean syncAttachments, List`1& createdSubs)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at synchronizer.Services.JiraService.CreateIssue(WorkItem workItem, Boolean noSubtaskSync, Boolean syncAttachments, List`1& createdSubs)
at synchronizer.Services.TfsService.CreateJiraIssueFromTfs(WorkItem workItem, Boolean noSubtaskSync, List`1& createdSubs)
at synchronizer.Services.SynchronizationService.SynchronizeWorkItem(String workItemId, List`1& createdPairs)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at synchronizer.Services.SynchronizationService.SynchronizeWorkItem(String workItemId, List`1& createdPairs)
at synchronizer.Services.SynchronizationService.SynchronizePairs(IEnumerable`1 pairs)

account_value_map.png

fldmap.pngaccount.png

0 votes
Michał Wyrzykowski June 21, 2016

Hi Gary,

a LOCKED  custom field works exactly the same way an UNLOCKED one in the case. It looks like the mapping is misconfigured or the string field on the TFS site is blank. We probably would have to ask you to send some screenshots of the configuration and maybe logs. I created a support ticket for the case - https://jira.spartez.com/browse/SUPPORT-1103, but can't invite you, because I don't have your email address. Please create a user account on the https://jira.spartez.com, and I'll attach you to the issue. 

Regards,

Michał

Suggest an answer