Fail to use "ALM Subversion"

Deleted user February 19, 2014

I tried to install "ALM Subversion" on one of our test systems, but failed. I tried the following steps:

1. Install it by Add-on Management
  2. Search for Subverison
  3. Select ALM Subversion and Install.
  4. Go to configure
  5. See only the old configuration of JIRA Subversion.

There are now 2 entries in the configuration of Subversion, and both link to the old configuration page of "JIRA Subversion". Do I have to de-install JIRA Subversion first? What about all the cached data there? And what if ALM Subversion does not work for me anyway? I would like first to understand the situation I currently have.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2014

Yes, you need to de-install JIRA Subversion first. Subversion ALM is based upon Atlassian's Subversion plugin, so they share common names witch causes this problem. The documentation does warn about removing the previous Atlassian plugin.

I have gone back and forth between the two versions with minimal issues. The issue I had was with the Atlassian version where it did not remove a service entry. The other issue I have run into was indexing stopped in both plugins.

The Atlassian version broke its configuration to change the timeout period, so I needed to restart Jira manually in order to get the indexing to restart instead of waiting for an hour. I am not sure if indexing would have restarted or not since I never waited, but it was suppose to.

Subversion ALM you just need to reactivate the respository until the indexing process finishes.

Once the full index completed, I had no issues other than the Jira scheduler stopped working, but it was not an issue of either these two products. (It was an UPM issue or memory as best as I can tell.)

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2014

Oh, Yes, uninstall both products to get things cleaned up.

Both products have directions about how to do a full index if you want to restart over again. I was a bit confused by Atlassian directions because it was unclear which directories they were talking about.

With Subversion ALM you will need to reconfigure the repository if you uninstall (ie more like a clean install). The Atlassian's plugin is more like a dirty uninstall, so you do not need to reconfigure the respository.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2014
Deleted user February 19, 2014

Thank you a lot! Saved my day :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events