Extremely Slow JIRA Reindex

Neil Taylor February 16, 2015

Hello,

I am working on upgrading my JIRA instance and am having trouble with a very very slow reindex.  I am currently on JIRA 5.2.11 and by locking JIRA to do a reindex, it normally takes about 1 - 1.5 hours.  (210k issues, 90 projects, 200 custom fields)

JIRA is running on one server with MS SQL Server on another.  Both machines have 4 CPU's, (single core - 4 total cores) 16GB memory.  They are on the same network so response times between the two machines is very fast.

I upgraded JIRA to the latest version (6.3.15) in my dev environment.  Disabled plugins (Agile and a few others), upgraded JIRA, upgraded plugins, then performed a reindex.  The reindex has currently been running for 12 hours and is only now at 25%.  I am wondering if anyone has any tips since it does not take nearly this long (at this pace it will take 2 days to reindex) and this makes upgrading over a weekend virtually impossible.  Any thoughts/tips/etc are appreciated.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2015

Agile's lexorank introduces some complexity here, and something about the sequence of events is likely to be involved here.  This is not likely to be something that can be dealt with here.  You should probably open a support request.

Suggest an answer