Extra status to behave as close status

Stephane Renou September 3, 2012

Hello,

I created an extra status in my workflow called closed resolved and I would like it to behave in the same way as the close status.

For example, When I release a version, I would like the issue in the closed resolved status not to appear. Also in greenhopper, when I click on hide done issue, I would like those to be hidden.

Lastly, I would like to disable editing in that status.

How can I achieve this?

Thank you for your help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2012

Make sure the transitions into the new status either set the resolution field, or prompt the user for it

Have a look at the "resolve" transition in the default workflow - it goes through a "resolve" screen instead of the normal edit/updates. If you want to set it automatically (example use case: transition is "close as duplicate") then you can set it in post-functions. You'll also want to clear it when coming OUT of that status (like the "reopen" transition)

To get the "do not edit" flag, you can set a property on the STEP in the workflow. From memory (so please check the "closed" status in the default workflow to check my memory), the property is "jira.editable" and you set it to "false"

Suggest an answer