It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Extra space in user mention notification template

Zinaida I'm New Here Oct 31, 2019

Hi everybody. I've faced to a strange thing here.

When user is watcher of an issue JIRA sends notification with extra space at the end of the line.

For Example: "Re: jira Updates for PR-16: Increase free disk space "

And if user is mented in issue notification is correct: "Re: jira Updates for PR-16: Increase free disk space"

How can i fix it or  is it a problem with not editable templates inside the jira

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Tuesday

Hi,

I understand that you are seeing an additional space in the email subject of some notifications from Jira server.  However so far I have not been able to reproduce the problem you have described here, at least not with the information I have so far.

Could you please let me know the following:

1. What version of Jira Server this is happening in?
  2. Is the email message itself appearing in an HTML format? or text format?
  3. If in Jira 8.0 or higher, is batched notifications enabled here?

Please let me know if there are any other details in addition to those questions that might help be to recreate this problem so that we can better understand what might cause this.

Thanks

Andy

Zinaida I'm New Here Friday

Hi!

1. We are using v8.4.1#804002

2. I forgot to notice that this extra space is present in subject of the email. Email body as i understood is in html format

3. Batched notifications are enabled

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

303 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you