Extra space in user mention notification template

Zinaida October 31, 2019

Hi everybody. I've faced to a strange thing here.

When user is watcher of an issue JIRA sends notification with extra space at the end of the line.

For Example: "Re: jira Updates for PR-16: Increase free disk space "

And if user is mented in issue notification is correct: "Re: jira Updates for PR-16: Increase free disk space"

How can i fix it or  is it a problem with not editable templates inside the jira

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2019

Hi,

I understand that you are seeing an additional space in the email subject of some notifications from Jira server.  However so far I have not been able to reproduce the problem you have described here, at least not with the information I have so far.

Could you please let me know the following:

1. What version of Jira Server this is happening in?
  2. Is the email message itself appearing in an HTML format? or text format?
  3. If in Jira 8.0 or higher, is batched notifications enabled here?

Please let me know if there are any other details in addition to those questions that might help be to recreate this problem so that we can better understand what might cause this.

Thanks

Andy

Zinaida November 15, 2019

Hi!

1. We are using v8.4.1#804002

2. I forgot to notice that this extra space is present in subject of the email. Email body as i understood is in html format

3. Batched notifications are enabled

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2019

Hi Zinaida,

I have been trying to reproduce this problem in my own environment.  However so far, I have had no such luck in either Jira 8.5.1 or the 8.4.2 version that I have been testing with. In my setups, I have tried to make sure that user #1 is a watcher, and batched notifications is enabled, and then making sure that user #2 is making changes to an issue. In all of my attempts I'm seeing no such extra space in the subject line as you have described here.

Perhaps it is something specific to 8.4.1, but it could be there is something else in your environment that might be a factor here.  I'd be interested to learn of any user plugins you might be running with Jira Server.  Most of these probably have no affect here, but there are a few such as Email this issue, or the Enterprise Mail handler plugins that could potentially be working in a different and unexpected way when it comes to managing notifications in Jira. 

Let me know.

Andy

Zinaida December 9, 2019

unfortunally we do not use any plugins that can or do take affection to notifications. So i hope it is specific to this version. We will update it asap and look for changes. Thank you!

Suggest an answer